Thursday, March 1, 2012

Plans for March

March is upon us already. I have managed a little over 14 hours flight training since commencing my training in January. It is now time to step it up a gear.


I had a meeting with my instructor this week. I told him I want to target my checkride for April end. That means I need to fly minimum 2 to 3 times a week through March. I also need to study hard and be in a position to take the written test early April. 


I have been able to xfer my 40 JAA hours towards my FAA license. This means I have technically met the total hours needed, but I do need to close out on the solo cross country and night flight requirements. I am not saying I am ready for my checkride (far from it), but if I study hard and fly as much as I can, it will be possible to close out my license before May. I have a personal goal to meet, hence why I am giving myself this deadline.


March is going to be a great month. Time to hit the books and the skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment