Thursday, February 16, 2012

getmyppl audiocast #002 / Solo Practice Part 1

Link to MP3 File - getmypplcast #002


Today's flight was my first full solo flight. On previous solo flights, I had performed a couple of touch and goes with the instructor before getting released. Today, the instructor had a day off. I am sure he sat at home worrying about me all day!


I'm splitting the audio into two parts. Today I will share the power up checks, slow flight and steep turns manoeuvres. Part 2 will follow next week which will summarise the power off/on stalls (eventful!) followed by the return home/touch and go. 

The Flight - 16th February 2012 / C172P N54288 / CHD / Solo Flight


Flight Details - Part 1 of a 0.8 hour PiC flight. Audio covers the power up checks, slow flight and steep turns. All took place on a very busy Unicom frequency in the Southern training area south of Chandler.


2 comments:

  1. This is great. I wish I could've done this during my training. I also miss flying solo, it's such a great feeling being there all by yourself.
    Enjoy the journey! good luck with everything.

    Remember to always challenge yourself. not over-challenge though :)

    I think it's a great idea to record because it allows you to train yourself briefing yourself. Often times I just do things quietly. Briefing yourself keeps you in the game. Which is very helpful when you come to single pilot IFR on a multi-engine. Yikes!

    Cheers!
    Ramiel
    http://innercortex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad someone likes it. Once I get a good quality microphone, I will start recording more. Until then, I will just share the cockpit audio.

    ReplyDelete