Monday, August 13, 2012

San Francisco Bay Tour KRHV --> KSTS - Part 2

On the 15th July, I had one of the best experiences ever in a light aircraft. Flying through the class bravo airspace in Phoenix has always been fun and within my comfort zone. On this day, I flew through the class bravo over the top of San Francisco International Airport. Talk about busy radio chatter!!

As you will see from the video, there was a marine layer over the bay area and this was hindering me descending under the bravo towards Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. NORCAL Departure was trying to co-ordinate SFO departures off 28R and 01L/R at the same time I was requesting transition through their airspace. The Controller wasn't giving me too many options. At one point a regional jet off 01L/SFO was held below me.


I had an awesome Pilot with me in the right hand seat who was able to guide me through the entire flight. Thanks Marc!

Enjoy the video. It's going to be hard to top this!


Click link - GoPro YouTube video


Flying in N925ME after passing KSFO at 4500'

No comments:

Post a Comment