Friday, August 24, 2012

Luke AFB Fly In

In 1999, I visited Phoenix for a three week business trip. Pre 9/11 days, one was able to get fairly close to Air Force Bases. On that trip, I sat about 1/4 mile from the runway threshold watching F16's land on 03L/R. I had never even set foot in a GA aircraft at that point. Thirteen years later armed with my Private Pilot License, I have been accepted to participate in the first Luke AFB Fly-In for over ten years.

A fellow Private Pilot and I will be flying into Luke AFB on 18th October. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this!


We get to spend the first day talking about F16 operations in and around the AFB. On the second day, there is a day trip to the Barry M Goldwater Range where the F16's and Tucson A10's drop there live ordinance.

http://www.luke.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=19839

No comments:

Post a Comment