Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grounded

Just as I was getting back into flying in the circuit and pushing for that solo flight, the weather closed in. I have not flown for almost two weeks. This week Ireland bore the brunt of ex Hurricane Katia with winds gusting over 50kts. (http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/hurricane-katia-photo-iss)


Being grounded has allowed me time to think about the procedures I need to follow whilst in the circuit. @askcaptainjon on Twitter has asked me adhoc questions on what I would do if a particular scenario transpired. There is no harm in revising the procedures once in a while. I am fully aware that a PPL is a License to learn and not an indication that I know everything about flying!


On a positive note, I did pass my English Proficiency Test. Armed with my valid Student, Medical and EP License, I am now ready to push for that elusive solo flight.


Next flight is Wednesday 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment