Sunday, May 11, 2014

First Seaplane Flight

Logged 1.6 hours. 7 water landings and signed off my BFR. What a great day to go flying in Seattle. Booked a two hour training flight with Seattle Seaplanes based at Lake Union in Seattle, WA.

0W0, Lake Union, WA

WATER RUDDERS - UP

We departed Lake Union which lies just north of downtown Seattle. Flew over Lake Washington and then transitioned the northern part of Boeing Fields airspace before heading NW over the Puget Sound towards Port Orchards where we would perform the majority of the training maneuvers. 

Performed 95% of the flying myself. First take-off and landing was tough but I soon got the hang of it. What an amazing experience. When I return to the US I will be sure to add on this rating.

Downtown Seattle

Inside FLOATPLANE 21T

Flying NW over Puget Sound

Beach Landing in 21T!

Downtown Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment